QB Advanced Single Spindle Controller
The Advanced Alpha controller operates as a stand alone controller or as part of a multiple (fixtured) system. The Advanced controller can control up to 2 spindles including its own. Node Alphas are typically used for the trailing tool, but another Advanced could also be used.
The integrated PLC provides flexibility to help integrate the Advanced into a facility’s control scheme. Use the PLC Editor in Alpha Toolbox to create
a PLC program.
Advanced controllers are setup from the front panel on the controller or from a computer web browser using the Ethernet port. Alpha Toolbox, included in every Advanced controller, is used to program strategies, collect fastening cycle and trace data, and perform online diagnostics of the tool and controller. Simply connect a computer to the atb port, type “ATB.QPM” into a web browser and the Advanced will present the intuitive software for use. Advanced controllers include a USB port, a set of switched Ethernet ports, a Serial port, fieldbus options and Alpha Toolbox software.
Controls Assembly Process, Data and I/O
• Larger Sized Color Display
• 255 Jobs and 99 Tasks with 12 Steps
• All Fastening Strategies including Yield and Rate Control and Torque Averagi• Stores Fastening Cycle Data for 30,000 Fastening Cycles such as Torque, AngDate, Time, VIN#
• Stores Trace Data for 30,000 Fastening Cycles
• Real Time Statistics include Cpk, Cpk, Pp, Ppk, CAM, Mean, Deviation,and more
• USB port for Data / Parameter Values Import / Export to USB Memory Stick
• RJ-45, 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port for the Ultimate in Connectivity
• DB-9 RS-232 (Serial) Port for barcode, print or network functions
• Internal PLC for Advanced User-Specific Functionality
• Fieldbus options for the perfect connection the to facility
• Lead Controller for Dual-Spindle Mode
• Can be used as trailing spindles in Multiple-Tool (Fixtured) Applications
• 24V DC I/O, 8 Inputs / 8 Outputs, assignable
• Enclosure has an IP 54 rating with excellent protection against dust and moisture.