QB Expert Multiple Spindle Controller
The Expert Alpha controller operates as a stand alone controller or as the lead controller of a multiple (fixtured) system. The Expert controller can
control up to 24 spindles including its own. Node Alphas are typically used for the trailing tools, but Advanced Alphas could also be used.
The Expert Alpha controller is also an 802.11 b/g/n wireless access point so that the QPM Cordless tools can connect as trailing spindles. Smart phones,
tablets and computers may also connect to Alpha Toolbox wirelessly.
The integrated PLC provides flexibility to help integrate the Expert into a facility’s control scheme. Use the PLC Editor in Alpha Toolbox to create a program. Expert controllers are setup from the front panel on the controller or from a computer web browser using the Ethernet port.
Alpha Toolbox, included in every Expert controller, is used to program strategies, collect fastening cycle and trace data, and perform online diagnostics of the tool and controller. Simply connect a computer to the port, type “http://ATB.QPM” into a web browser and the Expert will present the intuitive software for use.
Expert controllers include a USB port, a plant network Ethernet port, a Spindle network Ethernet port, a Serial port, fieldbus options, an integrated PLC and Alpha Toolbox software.
Controls Assembly Process, Data and I/O
• Large TOUCHSCREEN Color Display
• 255 Jobs and 99 Tasks with 12 Steps
• All Fastening Strategies including Advanced Strategies such as Yield Control, Rate Control and Torque Averaging
• Stores Data for 30,000 Fastening Cycles such as Torque, Angle, Date, Time, VIN#
• Stores Trace Data for 30,000 Fastening Cycles
• Real Time Statistics include Cpk, Cpk, Pp, Ppk, CAM, Mean, Deviation, and more
• USB port for Data / Parameter Values Import / Export to USB Memory Stick
• RJ-45, 10/100BaseT Ethernet Port for the Ultimate in Connectivity
• DB-9 RS-232 (Serial) Port
• Internal PLC for Advanced User-Specific Functionality
• Fieldbus options for the perfect connection the to facility
• Lead Controller for up to 24 Multiple (Fixtured) or QPM Cordless Tools
• 24V DC I/O, 8 Inputs / 8 Outputs, assignable
• Enclosure has an IP 54 rating with excellent protection against dust and moisture.